Wafer Paper Flowers with Sian - Sat 23rd Sept - £250 (Early Bird Offer £225)
We're super excited to be welcoming Sian from That Little Cake Place to teach this one day masterclass.
In the class you will learn to make wafer paper Fluffy Peony, Cosmos, Anemone and Foliage and also Sian will be demonstating how to create a textured Stone effect cake in a video lesson prior to the day.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
In this class you will learn Sians signature techniques and personal tips on how to create realistic wafer paper flowers. Even if you have never worked with wafer paper you will learn:
- What liquid to use to condition your wafer paper
- How to condition and shape your wafer paper to create realistic looking petals
- The tools and materials I use and where I get them from
- How to make centres and stamens out of wafer paper
- Techniques taught in this class can be applied to other flowers
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF USING WAFER PAPER
- It's lightweight in terms of appearance and actual weight. This makes it perfect for decorating cakes without compromising the cake it will be placed on.
- Unlike sugar flowers that can be weighty, its appearance creates beautiful depth in a way that sugar paste can't.
- You can colour wafer paper and colour in so many different ways from using petal dusts, gel colours, airbrush colours and adding gold and silver leaf.
- You can use scissors to create any shapes, you can trace and shape with it and use craft punches too.
- Wafer paper flowers last indefinitely when stored in a cool dark place.
- You can make an array of flowers, any flower can be re-created using wafer paper. You don't need many tools, it's about knowing how to manipulate and shape it, once you learn these techniques you can go in to create even more beautiful flowers.
Cost £250 includes materials and lunch
EARLY BIRD OFFER 10% Discount if booked by end March.
£50 required to book.
Student will need to provide cake dummy and fondant for the dummy cake before the class.
Class Location: The Oak House, High street, Maldon, CM9 5PF
Time: 9.30 - 5.30